Huawei confirms its intention to launch Mate 30 Android
Quoting Huawei officials, the company plans to launch new flagship smartphones in Europe, although it may not be able to provide Google’s Android operating system, and widely used applications, such as: Google Maps.
The world’s second-largest smartphone maker is due to announce its new Mate 30 on September 18 in Munich, according to a source familiar with the matter. Markets.
Designed to work on 5G networks, the Mate 30 is the first flagship phone from the Chinese company since the US President Donald Trump blacklisted it in mid-May, claiming it was involved in activities that exposed US national security. Risk, which the company has repeatedly denied.
A Google spokesman told Reuters: (dead 30) can not be sold with Google applications and services licensed because of the US ban on dealing with Huawei. The spokesman said: The deadline given by the US government last week does not apply to any new product from Huawei, including: (dead 30).
The uncertainty surrounding the Mate 30 is believed to illustrate the confusion over Huawei and its business partners as a result of the escalating trade war between China and the US. Although Huawei was blacklisted in response to security concerns, Trump has indicated that it could be removed from the list as part of a business deal.
“Huawei will continue to use the Android operating system and ecosystem if the US government allows us to do so,” Huawei spokesman Joe Kelly told Reuters. “Otherwise, we will continue to develop our own operating system and ecosystem.”
Huawei is likely to use an open source version of Android without falling into the US sales ban. But Google Apps, which are pre-installed on Android devices, can only be used under a paid license from the search giant. “Without Google services, no one will buy the device,” said independent analyst Richard Windsor.
Earlier this month, Huawei announced its operating system called Harmony. But analysts and executives at Huawei doubt his ability to replace Android.
It was noteworthy that Huawei, which was years before the company submerged in the smartphone market, but was able to quickly precede many companies, and even managed to outperform the US Apple, now ranking second in the market behind the Korean Samsung.
But the US embargo dealt a severe blow to sales outside China, with Huawei’s stake in Europe falling to 19.3 percent in the second quarter from 24.9 percent in the first quarter, figures from Counterpoint Research showed.